1. Did you know?
    You can see the current active staff team and informations about them in here http://forum.insaniamu.com/showgroups.php and in here http://forum.insaniamu.com/showthread.php?13294-InsaniaMU-Staff-Team

User Tag List

Character
    Mosh
    Guild
    Suomi
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default [Guide] How to not be scammed

Hi!
    I found it in the blog of one MU player, edited and added some scamming methods that I saw. I hope it will be useful for everyone. Sure, it doesn't teach you how to scam, it's here to not let you get scammed.

1. "I'm leaving MU Insania, Free Jewels and Items!" 90% who says this are all scammers. I almost got scammed this way. When I came up to him, he said: "Let's see your set." Then I showed him, he said, "nothing good, here have this!" He put a bunch of 30 souls in the box, at that moment, I didn't realize that my set is still in there. And I almost clicked OK.

2. Many people use this method for lower class items. Example, he shows you a FO+3 Ascalom Templar helm , asks you for 50 souls. When you decided it was a good deal, and went to the storage to get the souls. The second time, he puts in a +3+ref Ascalom Templar helm. One second, then it's gone.

3. This method, which I lost souls through it. The person first said "Duplicating souls for items!". I thought, what the hell, I'll give him a soul, who cares about a soul. When I gave him the soul and boots that I didn't need, he disappeared. After about 3 min, he came back, gave me 5 souls. At that time, I wasn't thinking. I'm dreaming about how I was going to get a full inventory of jewels. Then I gave him 30 souls, told him to dupe, he disappeared again. After 3min, I was swearing all over PvP server.

4. I once saw someone posting a secret event, said u have to go to the secret event site to enter. He made a exact same copy of the Insania MU website. Requested for my acc and pass at first. I went and created a new account, typed in the acc and pass. Haha, the web page turned blank.

5. Well, now what about me. A lot time ago, when I just bought my first FO item in the webshop, once I was scammed. I was standing in Lorencia with opened store. I was selling a Fenrir. One guy came to me and said that he wanted to buy it. Well, I gave him /trade, he put doubled Fenrir's price and, I put the Fenrir. Then he added 1 Zen and pressed OK. I noticed it, but I was thinking about the good deal. I pressed OK too, but nothing happened and I thought I had laggs. I was hardly amazed when he took off everything except 1 Zen and only then trade was ended.

6. I know a little some languages, and often see how players sell items (sometimes like Excellent Hell Fire Scroll, promising additional power after using it) for too big price to newbies, who just obtained something valuable. Sure, it's always better to have a friend who knows the prices. If you haven't friend, you can always ask someone who looks strong.

And keep always in mind that these tricks could vary. Scammers are clever, and they usually search for the new methods.
    Thanks!
    Sights of our forums:

СтасBK - the Builder and the Master of the logics. Also the Four-Times-Leaver. Nuff said.
    VictoryouS - the Translator, knows Georgian, Romanian, Russian, Polish, German, English. But poorly even with GT.
    BoBka - the Hercules, wants to give a dusting to those who are smarter. Beware!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mosh For This Useful Post:

BLeSSeD Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Character
    N/A
    Guild
    N/A
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Mosh I can already give You all 1 scammers name!

its tHELASt he tried to scam me yesterday don't know what program he use But after he put in items we both press Ok than he took out his item and OK still was there usualy it should dissapear for few seconds But this guy didn't So be careful by trading with this guy!

Insanian
    Character
    Jemarie
    Guild
    none
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default [Guide]Avoiding Scams / Hacks

Here are a few ways for you not to get scammed while trading or lose all your items/account.

1. Avoid trading with suspicious characters. Example, There is someone , without any set or wings that you never seen in game or any other peope from you alliance/guild know anything about, selling some stuff that a new character can't easily get then again use common sense and avoid trading with that person.

2. Move to a different location to 'trade'. Theres no reason to move to some location like arena for example if the person is selling his/her stuff in lorencia. That doesn't sound right is it? Something might be wrong here.

3. Never trust someone telling you for example, 'give me your items i know a way to dupe them'. Instead take a screenshot and post it here so we can handle that person.

4. Never 'lend' stuff to strangers. Example, someone says he wants to try the items before buying. Theres no need to do so.

5. Want to sell something for items instead of zen? Make sure you are maxed on zen (2,000,000,000) so they can't buy from your shop for zen.

6. If you play on a cafe make sure when you leave the place you are siting you log out so others can't play or steal stuff from your account while you are away.

7. When you play on a cafe make sure you change your password as soon as you get somewhere you trust. Cafe might have keyloggers, better safe than sorry.

8. Take screenshots when you trade. This will help you have proof if you need it later.

9. NEVER tell your password to ANYONE. Even GM will NEVER ask your password. If someone comes and tell you for example 'hey im an GM and i need to look your account give me your username and password', take a screenshot and post it on the forums so we can handle that person. Also if you tell your password to friends and something is missing remember we most probably won't return the items if we see more than one person logged on your account.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jemarie For This Useful Post:

Character
    Mosh
    Guild
    Suomi
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Updated, thanks to Jemarie
    Last edited by Kane; 02-27-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Removed event remnant
    Sights of our forums:

СтасBK - the Builder and the Master of the logics. Also the Four-Times-Leaver. Nuff said.
    VictoryouS - the Translator, knows Georgian, Romanian, Russian, Polish, German, English. But poorly even with GT.
    BoBka - the Hercules, wants to give a dusting to those who are smarter. Beware!

Banned
    InsaniaMU Sever Season6 And InsaniaMU Comunity Forums !
    Character
    AllPaaN
    Guild
    MuStar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Protect yourself from scammers

Hello,

You players might not know yet, but there is people, who advertise sites near to our site, which offers free web shop credits, stats, resets & etc. Do not trust those people! They lie!!! Many accounts was lost by visiting these sites.

Also there is an program. This program is 100% fake and you will lose your account if you type your account and password. They say you will receive items or credits, but it is totally fake. Once you type your account and password in this program or site, you can lose your account and you will not receive any credits or items.

Do not trust anyone and do not write your account & password anywhere than our site and game.

Before making any decision, you should consult with our team. Staff member will help you and protect you from unwanted results.
    Our staff will not deal with problems such as "Stolen account, stolen items, changed password, etc".

Be very careful!
    Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to All PaaN's Love InsaniaMU For This Useful Post:

Thread Information